Monday, February 16, 2009

Gifts, Flowers, Hong Kong Valentine Street Sightings


Do you say flowers are so unnecessary on Valentine's day?

If you heard me saying so, I was probably just pretending to be cool (I am just a typical girl, saying A, but expecting B). I love flowers. Valentine's day, birthday, flag day, public holiday, what the heck, even Monday! Give them to me any day...and even if was having a freakin' bad day, that would've certainly made me feel better.

Doest it have to be expensive? Does size (of the bouquet) matter? Does the species of the flowers matter? Does it have to be exotic? Does it have to be 12cm diameter velvet roses? Does it have to be 99? 11? 12?
Nope.

A bunch of carnations costs HK$7. Buy 5 or 10, or even just 1 of them, no bows, no papers, no fuss, no muss.

...and now gifts.
Actually, once I got my flowers, nothing else is necessary. But who doesn't love receiving a gift?

It's something I absolutely needed, a pair of sport shoes. Now I have a new reason to go to the gym, apart from checking out my super hot dance teacher ;)


...and a wireless headphone. So I don't have to listen to all the hadoken and shoryuken when I didn't want to.

How many bouquet of flowers did I spot on the street on Valentine's day?
Check out the pictures here and here. The bad, the blurry and the ugly. Almost uncensored.

Aren't you glad the day is over?

3 comments:

David Arrabito said...

nice kicks

Unknown said...

Just found your blog! I love it. You've been linked.

I have a deep love affair with carnations. My best friend absolutely hates them but remember that Sex and the City episode where Carrie pronounced the carnations were making a comeback? It looks like you and I always knew there were fab!

Anonymous said...

cool wireless headphone! love the snickers...mine are almost worn out!