Monday, August 10, 2009
Monochromatic Night Life
If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'd know that I am not a monochromatic kinda girl.
However, talking about my night life...it's not only monochromatic, it's colorless hehe. I normally reach home before 10 and am in bed by 12. Yes, I am lame and proud of it ^_^
When I was young(er), I love going out late at night with a bunch of local friends.
Where did we go?
What is it about night life that I like/hate?
- Alcohol? I am not much of a drinker, never liked the feeling of getting drunk and never tried to get anyone drunk
- Pretty people dressed in their best gear? Yes. Love people watching
- Loud music? In not for dancing, I hate screaming into my friends' ears
- Gossiping with friends? Love. Even if it's bitching about the same person over and over again.
- Hunting for boys? I am more of a rabbit than a tiger.
- I love love LOVE dancing. But none of my friends does...so I didn't get to go out dancing often, apart from attending dance classes (which isn't considered a "night life")
Last weekend, I was invited to a birthday party which starts at 11 pm.
Whoa, that's like 1 hour before my bed time...but it was cool. It's been a while since I went outta my door after 10 pm, other than getting a tub of emergency ice cream from 24 hr convenience store.
How do I doll myself up for the occasion?
Anything different from my normal beauty routine?
- curled my hair with a bit of styling cream
- liquid foundation instead of 2-way cake
- concealer for my eye bags
- a little shading for my nose
- a little highlighter for my cheekbones
- grey sparkly eyeshadow instead of using the blush as eye shadow
- some gloss on my lips
- black eyeliner instead of light brown
- mascara + sparkly fake lashes
I was dressed in monochromatic shades of black, white and gray, but in the end couldn't help but adding a touch of red on my ears.
Did I enjoy the night? Yeah. I was pleasantly surprised. Played some local drinking games and went home just a little tipsy ^_^
Top = Bay, London, 2 pounds
Cardigan = Fa Yuen Street Market, Prince Edward, HK$39
Tights = Kwai Chung Plaza, HK$45
Shoes = Vincci, KL, RM39
Necklace = Kwai Chung Plaza, HK$49
Earrings = Argyle Center, Mongkok